Are you aged 14-25? Can you help us make our museums more attractive to young people? We are looking for creativity, fresh ideas and most importantly your voice - to speak up and influence decision making at Amgueddfa Cymru - National Museum Wales.
We have a Youth Forum at each of our Museums across Wales. Young people aged 14-25 are encouraged to be partners in decision making and organising activities. The forums will explore the views of young people and will address issues they think are important.
Amgueddfa Cymru’s Youth Forums have participated in several exhibitions and activities, such as:
- Kids in Museums Takeover Day and Teen Twitter Takeover Day
- Writing Blogs
- Writing an alternative interpretation booklet [PDF] for the exhibition Fragile? at National Museum Cardiff (Funded by Colwinston Charitable Trust)
- Producing a cartoon map, Our Cardiff, to coincide with Treasures on display in National Museum Cardiff with artist Huw Aaron.
- Filming and producing a video of an opera event connected to the exhibition ‘War’s Hell!’ The Battle of Mametz Wood in Art (In partnership with WNO, Cardiff University and Firing Line: Cardiff Castle Museum of the Welsh Soldier).
- Building a bread oven at Bryn Eryr, Iron Age farmstead, St Fagans National History Museum.
- Delivering and displaying an Ethnic Youth Support Team project, Chips, Curry and Cappuccino (Funded by Heritage Lottery Fund), National Waterfront Museum.
If you are interested in joining a Youth Forum, please download and complete a Registration Form.
Completed forms can be returned to us via email or in the post to Youth Forums, Learning Department, National Museum Cardiff, Cathays Park, Cardiff, CF10 3NP.
We will try to enrol you in your chosen Youth Forum as soon as possible. If there is no space in your chosen Youth Forum, we’ll place you on a waiting list and let you know when a space becomes available.
For all other enquiries please contact the Youth Forum Department by email, or on (029) 2057 3456 or (029) 2057 3115.