Collections Online
Amgueddfa Cymru – Museum Wales
Advanced Search
Queen's Factory
The factory was established in 1776 by Andre Marie Leboeuf (c. 1755-1810). Because he was technically still a minor, under 25 years, the contract for the transfer of the land on which the factory stood was signed by his widowed mother and Jacques-Pascal Barrachin. Barrachin had been a merchant in Lyons, and since 1774 had been associated with the Marquis d'Usson at the factory run by Hannong in the Faubourg St. Denis. Not long before the partnership deeds between Leboeuf and Barrachin were signed Leboeuf registered the mark of the letter A. The protection of Marie Antoinette was given to the factory two years later and the mark changed from a blue A to an A crowned and in red.
In Feb 1797 Leboeuf sold the factory to Charles Barthelemy Guy and Marie Antoinette Houzel, continuing in production until 1806.
Comments are currently unavailable. We apologise for the inconvenience.