Collections Online
Amgueddfa Cymru – Museum Wales
Advanced Search
S.S. BARON ELGIN, glass negative
Hansen, Leslie W.
(Photographer)
Three quarter starboard bow view of S.S BARON ELGIN at the southernmost corner of Queen Alexandra Dock, Cardiff, c.1947/1948.
S.S. BARON ELGIN. Built 1933 by D & W Henderson Ltd., Glasgow for H.Hogarth & Sons (The "Baron" Line), also of Glasgow. 1958 - Sold to a Costa Rican owner, renamed SPIDOLA, and later registered at Corinto, Nicaragua. She arrived at Bruges for breaking in March 1970.
Collection Area
Industry
Item Number
79.76I/1019
Historical Associations
Association Type: Place name
Place: Queen Alexandra Dock
Creation/Production
Acquisition
purchase, 20/9/1979
Measurements
Length
(mm): 82
Width
(mm): 106
Techniques
Gelatin dry plate glass negative
Glass negative
Negative
Material
Glass
Location
In store
Comments are currently unavailable. We apologise for the inconvenience.