Collections Online
Amgueddfa Cymru – Museum Wales
Advanced Search
Ribbon
Small piece of tartan ribbon attached to a handwritten label. Off-cut from the ribbon placed across the entrance of Roath Dock to mark its official opening on 24 August 1887. John Crichton-Stuart (1881-1947) officially opened Roath Dock on 24 August 1887. He was 6 years old at the time. He succeeded his father as the 4th Marquess of Bute in 1900.
Collection Area
Social & Cultural History
Item Number
13.48.2
Historical Associations
Associated Person/Body: Bute, Marquess of
Association Type:
Date: 1887
Place: Cardiff Docks
Associated Person/Body: Wheatley, J.L.
Association Type:
Date: 1913
Place: Caerdydd | Cardiff
Acquisition
Donation
Location
In store
Classification
WATER TRANSPORTComments are currently unavailable. We apologise for the inconvenience.