Collections Online
Amgueddfa Cymru – Museum Wales
Advanced Search
H.M.S. CARDIFF, negative
Barnett, Julie
(Photographer)
H.M.S. CARDIFF, nearing entrance to lock, Queen Alexandra Dock.
H.M.S. CARDIFF. Built 1917, broken up 1945.
Collection Area
Industry
Item Number
2019.10/240.3
Historical Associations
Association Type: Place name
Place: Queen Alexandra Dock
Creation/Production
Julie Barnett was employed as photographer on a project run by the then Welsh Industrial and Maritime Museum (National Museum of Wales). The project sought to record community change and the regeneration and redevelopment of the Butetown/Cardiff Docks area. A photographic book was an output of the project - 'Below the bridge: a photo-historical survey of Cardiff's docklands to 1983', Cardiff, 1984.
Role: Photographer
Period: 15/10/1982
Acquisition
image taken by NMW staff, 6/2/2019
Measurements
Length
(mm): 35
Width
(mm): 227
Techniques
Film negative (black & white)
Film negative
Negative
Material
Film (photographic)
Location
In store
Comments are currently unavailable. We apologise for the inconvenience.