LocationSt Fagans National Museum of History
St Fagans National Museum of History is located 4 miles west of Cardiff City Centre, just off the A4232.
For satellite navigation purposes use the post code CF5 6XB.
The Museum is signposted from junction 33 of the M4 motorway (follow road signs for the Museum of Welsh Life), with direct access from the A4232.
Have you considered car sharing for your visit? Join a local scheme for free at www.sewtacarshare.com.
£5.00 per day. Please bring change as machines cannot accept notes or card payments. FREE for disabled badge holders, motorbikes and coaches. £25 yearly ticket available from Reception.
Buses operate between Cardiff City and St Fagans National Museum of History throughout the year:
- Easyway 32A – stops in the main car park of the Museum.
- 320 – stops at St Fagans village.
- 321 – stops at St Fagans village.
The bus ride between the Museum and Cardiff city centre is approximately 25 minutes.
You can plan your journey using the Traveline Cymru website or by calling their helpline on 0300 200 22 33.
The nearest rail station is Waungron Park located 2 miles from St Fagans. Services are operated by Arriva Trains Wales. Waungron Park Station is located next to the main bus route to St Fagans. Visit Traveline Cymru to plan your journey.
There are some very pleasant circular walks in the area around the Museum. Take in the scenery and explore the local area as part of your visit.
- Ely Valley Cross Boundary Walk - St Fagans - St Georges Circular Walk.
- St Fagans - Circular Walk.
The main cycle route to the Museum from Cardiff city centre is via the Ely Trail. The signposted section between Fairwater and the Museum is traffic-free and follows a pleasant riverside route.
- View Ely Trail Information Leaflet.
- Visit Keeping Cardiff Moving for information on cycling in Cardiff.
- Cardiff Cycle Map shows a network of recommended routes for cyclists, including both traffic free and lightly trafficked advisory routes.
- Use Transport Direct's Cycle Journey planner to plan your journey.
Why not cycle to the Museum from Waungron Park railway station along a 2-mile section of the Ely Trail?
You can lock your bike to one of our sheltered bike racks at the main entrance, in our patrolled car park. Lockers are available on request to store equipment for a returnable deposit of £2. Please ask at the main entrance desk.